My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 30 seconds. If not, visit
http://mannbikram.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Shaheed Sardar Bhagat Singh

Monday, December 07, 2009 Posted by Bikram
Been wondering sometimes, what it would be, to actually be alive during the times of Sardar Bhagat Singh. It’s one thing to watch the movies describing him, his ideas what he did, how it all happened, but to be actually there is different

I sometimes think if I was at that age, am I cut up for such sacrifices, would I be able to do what the heroes at that time did. Would I have had the courage to defy the Government at that time? Or would I be a coward running scared? or worst be an obedient citizen going about my daily chores of life without batting a eyelid, cause that’s what most were doing otherwise how could a handful of british rule so many.

The last few words spoken by him "Dil se niklegi, na mar kar bhi, watan ki ulfat, meri mitti se bhi khushboo-e-watan aayegi" (Even after my death my love for my motherland will not diminish from my heart. Even my ashes will smell of your (motherland’s) greatness and love). AM I LIKE THAT

Can I or Would I be able to give up my life smiling. Does it not make you think sometime COULD YOU DO what they did. I am not sure if I can answer that question myself, it’s my friends or people around who can comment on this much better nevertheless I do sometimes think what I would do...

Would I be one of those traitors who got greats like Shaheed Chandrashekhar Azad killed, Shaheed Bhagat Singh hanged... Would I be that SLY bastard who would betray my friends at the first hurdle of trouble, would I spill the beans at the mere thought of pain?

I was watching a documentary, since then it’s been on my mind, Would I or Could I have been as brave as the martyrs, Could I have taken all that beating, torture they went through in there tender age, When I was 24 I was busy trying to make a career.

It is one thing saying it, Oh yes I could have or I would have... But think deep inside, be truthful to yourself COULD YOU, COULD I... just a thought. Not many these days think the way a 24 year old thought at that time, I know situations were different but there is one thing common, INDIA... our country it is still under oppression, still under rule the only difference is colour of skin, it was WHITE then now its BROWN. Mentality is still same LOOT The country, fill in own coffers...

But do we see Bhagat Singh NOW? NO. All the martyrs gave their life for us but we have betrayed them, we have betrayed our own brothers and sisters.

Hence the wondering that could I do what they did, because if the answer is YES and hundreds, thousands said it was YES, then we should not be where we are in the current ERA. I just wish to god and prey that when I die, I die a good death a bit worthwhile, or give me strength that I am able to do something, anything worthwhile for the country where I was born where my forefathers lived. I am not sure if I could say what Bhagat Singh wrote "I have been arrested while waging a war. For me there can be no gallows. Put me into the mouth of a cannon and blow me off." These heroes had conquered the fear of death AND all I can do is shed a few tears watching bobby deol or ajay devgan or Manoj kumar sing their way to the podium to be hanged with a smile and shouting INQUILAB ZINABAD...

CAN I
COULD I
WOULD I

Remains a QUESTION...

“Shaheedo ki cheetaon par har baras lagen ge mele, watan par marne walon ka bus yahi nishan hoga’’.

Check out :-
Martyrdom of Sardar Bhagat Singh

Reactions: 

13 Response to "Shaheed Sardar Bhagat Singh"

  1. Dharmjit Says:

    i don't know what i would be if present at that times
    but i must know that the dream of beautiful india that was seen by shaheed bhagat singh got buried inside the deep layers due to some politicians and corrupters in india
    bikram do u know that a large chunk of indian population doesn't have two meals a day,doesn't recieve medical facilites and primary education
    a handful of people have all the indian economy and 65% of indian population earn less than 20 rs a day
    i also confess here that i do nothing to change

  2. Vaishnav Says:

    A nice thought!! I don't know what you would have done if you are alive at their time but you have spent sometime doing research on his life and have done a gr8 job by remembering him....thanks a lot..Nice post

  3. smitzy Says:

    This is a very valid point you have raised bikram. People express their love for their country, they express their desire to work for it but that feeling of sacrifice and that fervour of risking one's life for their country is slowly fading away.
    The number of youth joining the armed forces should give you an idea. There is currently a huge shortage of officers in the Indian Army. People watch movies like Border and Lakshya get inspired or criticise the plots but how many of them actually join the Army? 1 or 2 in a 100 maybe.
    It is indeed a alarming thought and you have written a good post prodding it out! Good work!

  4. Harman Says:

    yes..A very good thought,the real heros who got us independence,but how devoted r we to our country??..given a thought;most of us jus enjoy the freedom and national holidays..then back to routine..jus look at the sacrifices made for this freedom and one noble deed ...by everyone will make this a wonderful place for us to live!!!

  5. Bikram Says:

    Thanks a lot guys for the lovely comments.
    dharamjit :- U are correct the pwer is still with a handful while the rest are suffereing.

    Vaishnav:- thanks for visit my blog and the nice comment, do keep visiting.

    smitzy : as usual ur comments are always welcome to have. Thanks

    Harman:- like you say One good deed and it will be a wonderful place to live, i am sure it will be, god willing one day We will reach that place.

    Thanks for the comments once again

  6. Vijay Says:

    Hi Friend ur doing an excellent work.. Can we exchange links...

  7. Bikram Says:

    Thanks Vijay, Yeah sure how do u do this.

  8. ajay Says:

    Bhagat singh Sardar was the greatest, Look what we indians have done to him, We worship Gandhi who bascially did everything to keep us Ghulam, The person who made the biggest sacrifise that of his life, we have forgotten.

    LONG LIVE BHAGAT SINGH... I am proud to be indian just because we have/had such great personalities in our country. This alone is enough to be proud of India and being Indian.

  9. Aawaaz Says:

    I went through your post. I read it and I felt that you REALLY wrote what your heart says. It happens with me too. I am 16 and I am very, very much desperate for a revolution that can fulfill Shaheed Bhagat Singh's and his comrades' dreams. In school, I want to talk to my friends about this matter, but nobody gives a damn! They are happy with whatever is going on! I want to do something great for my country. Your line that I will only see Bobby, Ajay and Manoj in movies touched me a lot and I thought that yes... they make movies on Bhagat Singh and Rang De Basanti to wake the youth only. He sacrificed his life for a just cause at the age of 23 only, but at 23, I want to make India a better place to live!

    Inquilab Zindabad!

  10. Prof. KPS Shante Says:

    Kps Shante Great writing. What a shame the Parliamentarians, with the sole exception of MS Gill, who are in the Parliament bcoz of Martyrs like Bhagat Singh forgot to commemorate his Martyrdom day. Hats off to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev. Inquilab Zindabad...!!!!

  11. Dimpy Nain Says:

    great piece of work bikram...i am glad that atleast we all acknowledge the huge sacrifice made by our freedom fighters and also we have the urge to introspect to see whether we too can reach up the bar that has been set up by them...

  12. Anonymous Says:

    zelnorm dies attorneys tegaserod maleate pulled buy cheap depression of novartis tegaserod maleate coming back to the ibs internet lotronex 3 zelmac drug ibs video of chronic idiopathic constipation health canada buying zelnorm for dogs zelnorm alternatives dope zelnorm error ibs neck on ibs attorney zelnorm usa tegaserod [url=http://www.box.net/shared/aurxfk05ae]withdrawal interactions buy zelnorm
    [/url] zelnorm pi zelnorm for lbs generic where to buy zelnorm chlorpheniramine zelnorm seizure suffered buy cheap zelnorm java irritable bowel syndrome 53 why was zelnorm taken dope irritable bowel syndrome chest on the definition of zelnorm second hand for take tegaserod maleate doctor zelnorm off the market history of zelnorm irritable bowel syndrome black miralax mechanism drug will lotronex drug

  13. Anonymous Says:

    Hello, Hhdgf6hgYhrhf8 - normal bowel movements http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3872486.page#7551 diverticular