My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 30 seconds. If not, visit
http://mannbikram.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sardari

Monday, April 12, 2010 Posted by Bikram

We all love Sardarji jokes. But do you know that Sikhs are one of the hardest working prosperous and diversified communities in the world. My friend told me about the following incident which I wish to share with you.

It has had a deep impact on my thinking.

During last vacation, his few friends came to Delhi . They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing. The driver was an old Sardar and boys being boys, these pals began cracking Sardarji jokes, just to tease the old man. But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed.

At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid the cab hire-charges. The Sardar returned the change, but he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said,
"Son, since morning you have been telling Sardarji jokes.. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in bad taste. Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to see the world..
But I have one request. I am giving you one rupee each. Give it to the first Sardar beggar that you come across in this or any other city."


My friend continued, "That one rupee coin is still with me. I couldn't find a single Sardar begging anywhere."

MORAL:

The secret behind their universal success, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication and pride. A Sardar will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a dhaba, put a fruit juice stall, take up small time carpentry, ... but he will never beg on the streets.

Reactions: 

22 Response to "Sardari"

  1. Neha Says:

    hmmm, I have read this too..making fun of someone is justified when you can take and crack the same joke on yourself too..

  2. Gaurav Says:

    That is true, indeed.

  3. Harman Says:

    GOOD JOB! a standing ovation for this post!
    Keep up the SARDARI!!!

  4. HaRy!! Says:

    yep read this!!! salam to the country healthiest people!

  5. Short Poems Says:

    Nice blog,really good job :)

    Marinela x x

    Short Poems

  6. Insignia Says:

    I have come across this earlier. Its true, they are so dedicated and honest.

    I agree with Neha, if you can poke fun at others, you should be able to take the fun when its on you

  7. BK Chowla, Says:

    Sikhs are a great community. I salute them for all that they have done for the country.

  8. Sandhya Says:

    This is very interesting. Yes, when I think about it, I have never come across any beggar who is a sardar, Bikram.

    My husband worked in a Punjabi cable company for 8 years in the beginning of his career and he always says that they are the most soft natured people, he had ever seen, though they look giant-like. They respect women and love and pamper children as if they are small gods.

  9. Bikram Says:

    @Neha:- Thanks for the comment and truly so as u say we shud be able to take the joke, if we are cracking on some ...


    @Gaurav:- glad you agree with it. Exams finish whats the plan...


    @Harman:- thank you thank you.. its true though, there are good and bad sikhs but hardly see one begging or anything ..

  10. Bikram Says:

    @Hary:- Thanks and My Salaam tooo..


    @Short Poems:- thanks for the visit, and the coment, please do keep visiting..


    @Insignia:- it seems everyone has read this before I posted it. But it is true though. and I agree with neha too, so that makes three of us so far :)

  11. Bikram Says:

    @Chowla sir:- Thanks for the lovely comment.


    @Sandhya:- Thank you for the comment. Where did your hubby work which cable was it in mohali, and Thanks for the lovely words.


    Thank you all for the good comments ...

  12. Raj - Only name sake !! Says:

    I have read this long back , yeah sarder jee jokes are funny but its not good to make them funny. They are really brave and most of them fight for our country!!
    The best part of them is they dont fight with other unnecessarily!

  13. Madhu Says:

    santa banta jokes overflow in my inbox...but u guys are lovely people..Chak DE!

  14. The Holy Lama Says:

    Loved the post. Sardars are one of the hardiest lot anywhere and jolliest too.

  15. Bikram Says:

    @Raj:- Thanks for the Comment, yeah in my village 80% of the youngsters are in Army.


    @Madhu:- what do you mean guyS.. i thought you wud say u Guy :) he he he he Chakk de


    @The holy Lama:- yes they sure are.. thank you for the lovely comment.

  16. gayathri-vishwanathan Says:

    u r right some sardar jokes r in a very bad taste...Sardars such as our honorable PM are intelligent, hard working and peace loving people.

  17. Bikram Says:

    @Gayathri-vishwanathan:- Thank you for the lovely comment.

  18. A New Beginning Says:

    No one has the right to crack jokes on others..its something that unacceptable!
    A very powerful post!!!!

    http://aspaceofonesown.blogspot.com

  19. Bikram Says:

    @A New Beginning:- YEah you are right. thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely comment.

  20. Cherry Saluja Says:

    Ha Ha AHa...Chalo der se samjhe..PAR samjhe to saheeee..

  21. Dimpy Nain Says:

    proud to be a sardarni :)

  22. Simmy Chatha Says:

    KUDOS!