My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 30 seconds. If not, visit
http://mannbikram.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friendship Day :- 'Friends Forever' Anup

Friday, August 06, 2010 Posted by Bikramjit Singh Mann
Update:- 6th August :- Anups Mum wrote this to me :- bikram .ajay was always my strength and anup was my weakness.but after going to canada he slowly became my strength too.every morning starts with his thoughts and every evening ends like that.when he was in australia he might have been going through rough times financially or emotionally but when asked how r u son he w...ould always say ;chardi kala;that was anup never cribbing about anything.one common sentence every one said on his passing was that he had no mean bone in him.even to the servant he would not like if anyone said servant,no he would say domestic help.To his seniors he was never rude or reply back.he may be very upset by their behaviour maximum he would say mom it is okay status quo has to be maintained.That was my son and am proud that i gave birth to such a good human being who was such a puritan in deeds and thoughts.icould go on and on but i will finish here with these lines

na haath hi pakar sake na pakar sake daaman
itne karib se uth kar chala gaya koi.





This post is in response to the Blogadda Contest on friendship day titled 'Friends Forever' in association with Pringoo


Wherever I see, I find my friends everywhere. Visibly or indirectly, I see them all around me

Its the international friendship day.. what a day to remember our friends


To me a friend is who would stand by you, no matter what, right or wrong is something to think about after the need has got over.. A friend in need is a friend indeed that's how we respect our friendship, Good friends stand by you, Right or wrong.. That is not the criteria here at the moment.. The moment is that your friend needs you and You are there.. THAT TO ME IS FRIENDSHIP...

How many people do we come across in our life, who we can ask directly how they feel rather then assume OR How many times does it happen what we See the whole world walk out and a few Walk IN FOR YOU. The people who do this are Friends.

Friends are someone who accept you the way you are, who know all your good-bad things but still are with you, They are the people who would rather be with you then be somewhere else.. and even though i think every day is friendship day.

I am proud and can honestly say I got friends almost all over the world now, I got friends with whom i have grown up , some are people whom i have not met for years gone by but I know in my heart that if need be they will be there with me. Then over the time i started to blog and now I got so many friends over blogging too, Not sure if they consider me as there friend but i surly do consider them one.  I believe in one thing that we may earn millions, become rich or poor, or be someone well known.. but we are remembered by the Company we kept, and by the Grace of God I have a very beautiful company.. Each of my friends are a Jewel  and I can't live without any of them .. I sincerely believe in the saying that

Dosti karo to jam ke karo
Dushmani Karo to Woh bhi Khoob karo
Magar khyal itna rahe KI FIR AGAR DOST BANO
to Sharmindagi na ho

 

Today on this Day I remember my best friend The first one I had. The only good thing to have happened to me during my school days (which were not very pretty), his name was Anup.... I can't remember how we met, but we were in the same class and use to sit together. In our Xth class we sat in the second row, Gaganjit, Me, Anupinder, Vinney Partap Brar, Bhupi virk.

I remember the lovely days we had , driving on the Brown Vijay Super scooter on the roads of Patiala.. Him driving, me behind him, Vinney partap as third person on the poor scooter. Sometimes We had Ajay too, ajay was Anup's younger brother. It was Mad days... The Clutch wire or the accelerator wire broke, one person held it behind.. He would shout Pull to accelerate or slow down to change the gear.. The guy behind would be doing the needful. Hilarious situations now that I think of At that Time it was weird.

The day we did not have the scooter it was the trusted ATLAS cycle, me sitting on the Danda in front and him paddling.. catching hold of the trolley behind a tractor to take a lift .. I would spend a lot of my holidays with them in patiala, sometimes he would come to stay with us in Chandigarh.

Aunty ji would make us jugs of milk shakes and Aloo paranthas..

Anup was funny if he got engrossed into reading a novel he would not move, and Me and ajay would do things to him he he he put his legs around , and stuff like that but Anup would be so busy and concentrating in the novel he would not mind. He use to be a very good basketball player.


The trips to the 22 number phatak where all the Patiala girls would come and us ogling over them.. the going to Pick a chick fast food place for a pizza or a burger, Order the food then finishing a bottle of ketchup eating it up.

I remember we had gone to Jammu and kashmir tour with our school, bad luck for Anup he was stuck with me , there were other guys who use to pick on me bullied me a lot, i use to be in hostel for some odd reason these guys challenged us to come ot there room in evening. I was a scary cat But I still remember to this Day Anup telling me We have to go , its the question of Sardari, honour we have been challenged so no matter what we have to go, i was trying to dissuade Anup into not going but he was adamant. We did go both of us against the 7 or 8 of the gang, though we got beaten up but I am really happy we made that, and thanks to Anup I also had the courage to stand up to these bully's.

The first time we had a drink together, The time when his grandparents had gone to Canada and we painted the village Red, loud music , dancing the whole night drinking.. it was awesome. It was terrorism days, we were super humans no care in the world. Ajay our younger brother was the scapegoat when the drinks finished we would tie a turban on him, send him off to the liquor store to get some more. Dancing to some silly songs ALIBABA, Queen and stuff I bet the villagers felt what the hell was happening in the village.

My dad was quiet strict, but when I use to tell him I am going for a few days to patiala to stay with Anup he would never say no, then I would overstay without informing parents or telling them whats going on, and dad would drive all the way to patiala to look for me .

He would eat a lot, I remember once I landed in Patiala, Anup and Ajay were getting ready to go to some wedding, He was telling me to come along, I did not have a change of clothes so i was arguing with him over that, He gave me a some of his, the whole family left together but me and Anup had different ideas we had to go for a Gedi Yes on the famous Vijay super scooter, reached when it was time for food. We had our plates full.. it seemed when ever they served fresh bowl of chicken it all landed on our plates.


After my Xth class I came to Chandigarh , he stayed in Patiala,Then he went to Australia for higher studies , stayed there for six years meantime I had come to college in Chandigarh, my group of friends changed.. a lot happened in those year.. But then I heard Anup was coming back and we met after so many years .. It was back to where we had left.. Nothing had changed between us, he had just become a bit Sophisticated, Drank Scotch on the rocks,  used the word MATE a lot..  :)

I came to UK to settle here .. A few years later Anup came to UK on way to Canada, he had got engaged there and was going there to get married and settle, We spent some beautiful days here in UK, going to London , Glouscester did some sight seeing, the usual getting drunk and all.

He was so knowledgeable knew a lot about World war stories, He would read so many books , I would envy him how he could manage..And the Shayari he did , he had a SHER for any occasion.. he could recite couplets from heer-ranjha , Mirza ghalib. He took so much pride in the surname MANN, He was Fond of classical and jazz music, when he had come to UK i had trouble finding a nice Jazz place .. and Yeah STEAK he loved it , I took him to a pub here to have steak his words were "This is not Steak".. The day i landed in Vancouver for his wedding, we hired a car and he took me straight to this place where they made STEAKS "This is a STEAK" he said ..

A funny incident happened at the restaurant we had hired a two seater car, automatic, I was driving one for the first time in my life, I don't know what it was but for some reason we could not get the key to start the engine, we fiddled around for ages, in the end we rung the company we hired from, I bet the girl at reception had a hearty laugh when she told us you have to put the car in parking and then it will start.. Made us look dumb.

He was very outgoing, each time we talked on phone he would tell me he had gone for mountain climbing or sky diving.

I got invited to his wedding, Went to Canada,  for his stag do we went to a club the hilarious thing was he was so tired for some reason, he went to sleep in the club while we drank our self senseless and danced around :) But when the time came to come home I have no recollection of how we managed to get home, Anup brought us back somehow, I met his beautiful wife.. The wedding party was Good I remember Dancing all the evening with him and bhabhi ji.. The highlight of the evening was when it was announced on Mic while introducing the guests and all, I was introduced as Anup's Best friend who had come all the way from England.

One of the finest moments of my life I still remember that beautiful day...

This article is dedicated to my Best friend Anupinder Singh Mann, he is missed and will be missed always and ever.. Sadly In August 2007 My best friend passed away due to an accident while sky diving. Anup where ever you are I love you my friend, and I miss you.. there is a lot of me that was made because of you and I am very thankful to you for that. I am a better person because of you Anup.

Thank you for being there all the time, Thank you a lot.. and Happy Friendship day I prey to god that everyone has a friend like you.. Everyone deserves a good friend in there life, and you were the BEST.

Mainu Yaar mere Jaapde
Khuda Warge
Kisse Allah de Fakeer di
Dua warge...


(Anup and me just after passing out of 10th class)

Reactions: 

67 Response to "Friendship Day :- 'Friends Forever' Anup"

  1. UmaS Says:

    I was so happily reading on all your anecdotes, when suddenly u put that sad word - Whaat ? May his soul RIP. And bless this wonderful friendship, which still keeps u going. :)

    Lovely post. Good luck for the contest. :)

  2. Ria Says:

    Ur post was so good....i loved reading everything apart from the sad bit, which made my heart sink. :( Good bless ur friend, i m sure he knows how much he's being missed by his friends n family.

    Gr8 post dedicated to a good friend.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Great Post, Bickram. I'll tell you a few things about him on his 6 years tenure here in Melb .... he was an amazing being ... when we meet, I will tell you things he got upto here in Melb .... until then, my tributes to him and his family and mostly to you, his best friend. Thanks for sharing this beautiful memory of Anupinder ... may he rest in peace.

  4. DiDo Says:

    may ur friends RIP...:).....this was an awesome post bikram :)

  5. varsha Says:

    friends always think that you are a good egg-even if you are slightly cracked up...
    Hence no one can replace them..

    Pata hai,I am also a Chandigarh girl?
    Let's follow each other's blog..

  6. The Holy Lama Says:

    A touching post. God takes away all these fun people too soon.

  7. Someone Is Special Says:

    I dont have words to comment on this but you have did it.. Great writeup, right from anup to novel, patiala visit are superb..
    The dedication to ur best frend Anupinder Singh Mann should be honoured for sure.

    Frend - a simple word which synonym most powerful relationship in this world. Converts I to We - strongest bonding made of love and care!

    I wish you a good luck for the contest, "Friends Forever"

    Do stop by Saravana Kumar M - Friends Forever and feed me with your thoughts.

    If you wish to save a heart, then stop by The Untold Story

    Yours Frendly,
    Saravana Kumar M

  8. Ananya Says:

    I hated the last part, a LOT.

    For the rest of the post, I loved it and could very well imagine all the typical punjabi-ness vividly. :P

    All the best for the contest! :)

  9. NRIGirl Says:

    Hats off to Anup and for the love and friendship he shared with you...

    It is hard to accept the loss of a friend. I can relate to it well as I too lost my best chilhood friend couple of years ago and it still hurts thinking about her loss...

    However the memories of days spent with her brings me much joy...

  10. Anu Dhillon Says:

    Hello Bikram - That is a beautiful tribute to Anupinder. I spoke to him a couple of times during his time in Delhi and really connected with him but was never able to meet him. He came over to our place for dinner and my husband Ram Pratap really enjoyed meeting him but sadly I just wasn't meant to see him again. Last time I spoke to him was when he was heading out to Canada and next I heard about his passing from his mother. He was indeed a lovely person, always polite and courteous even in school. I shall always regret not having found the time to meet him. The world is poorer without him.

  11. Ananth Majumdar Says:

    Hey Bikram, what a lovely recollection.. :) It feels so nostalgic right?? I am also reminded of all the things I used to do with my friends.. Wonderful post on the friendship day.. Keep writing.

  12. A Says:

    Touching.

    Bik, my email address is

    arealblogger@gmail.com

    At the other blog, I said 'Sometimes I have 10 to 12 hours on LHR...'. I did not give the reason for 10 to 12 hours. 10 to 12 hours or more are can be planned.....it is not always the wait between flight.

  13. RS Says:

    Hi BSM,

    nice post.
    thanks for visiting my blog.

    regards

    http://restlesssouldier.blogspot.com

  14. Insignia Says:

    Very heartfelt. I know how you must have felt when your close friend passed away.

    Reminiscing all these wonderful memories shows that he is still closer to you in your heart.

    He will be missed, but his memories remain intact. Take care

  15. Gyanban © Says:

    Bikram as we grow older we make more acquaintances lesser friends. Some acquaintances become very close and we mistake them to be friends...but it is just a matter of time before we realize the folly.

    Therefore if you are blessed with a friend or a set of friends - hold on to them big time - you just might not ever get another one.

  16. Bhupinder Says:

    It is indeed very rare in this day and age to find true friends on whom we can completely rely and trust and you are one of them Bikram. Your note touched all our hearts and we can all say that it has been well written. Keep it up
    always !!!

  17. HaRy!! Says:

    a lovely dedication matey!!! I wud say if Anup was to read this.. yu cud really see a tear drop down!... I can relate most of the incidents to my frnd bharath... hmm its a pity being here we have to lose so many things at heart,.... dont yu?

  18. Enigma Says:

    Truly touching! You have described the moments so vividly that it seems it was just yesterday that it happened to you. This shows that you still cherish those moments dearly and very close to your heart.

  19. A New Beginning Says:

    Very Touching!!A great post to mark the beautiful relationship called frienship!:)
    Thanks for sharing!

  20. sharmila Says:

    never thought this happy memories post would have such a sad ending ... sorry for u have lost such a dear friend ... but he is alive in ur thought n now in our too :)

    p.s. Best of luck for the contest !!

  21. Madhu Says:

    so nice that u remember him even now..

    fun with friends are heaven u know? we can be kids forever without being ashamed of it..

    may anup live in ur thoughts and lives forever!

  22. Babe Says:

    Very moving, Bikram. We are all indeed, fortunate to have a wealth of real friends. No better fortune...

  23. Kumar Karun Krant Says:

    Anup was different. Not the regular Mann or Yadvindrian one encounters.

    Life is a passage through which one engages and loses people. Yet, that reality is of little consolation to the parents, or to the young bride of someone lost in his prime. Someone who was bright and one expected to live to the fullest.

    Words are no balm for pain – we lose our best the earliest. We lost John, our school Captain.

    Dear Bikram, your honesty and emotion touch us all. Our lives are enriched by so many, it is surprising so few care.

    In our tribute to these young souls, all I can say it that they have left an irreplaceable void and even their loss continues to teach us how to live.

    Our hearts reach out to those who are now forced to live without them. To them we say, he ‘is’ special.

  24. Sandhya Says:

    A few years of our life is always precious for us, that might be school days, college days, working atmosphere, anything. These years will always remain in our mind because of the best friends we come across and become very close to them. At that time we never know that the period will become very precious for us.

    I felt sad reading about Anup. I liked the way you talked about him.

    Take care. Happy Friendship Day, Bikram!

  25. Anupama Vishal Krishan Adya Says:

    Anupinder sat in the seat in front of me during the I.C.S.E. I was shocked to hear about his demise. I remember him as a bright and fun loving guy . May God grant his soul peace always and may the Almighty give his family and friends the courage to bear this loss.
    Bikram what you have written about him is heartfelt and I am sure your friend too is watching over you from somewhere. God bless....

  26. Ravineet Kaur Bobby Says:

    God, its soo shocking and sad to hear about Anupinder....he was my classmate and I remember him as somebody who always had a smile on his face....its unbelievable to find that he's no longer with us....after looking at his pic it seems as if he's still around and I can visualize him as if these yrs had never passed....may his soul res...t in peace... after all as mere mortals what else can we do...this is where mankind fails and the Almighty takes over!!!
    Thxx a lot Bikram for remembering him ..you r indeed a true frd!

  27. Vicky Walia Says:

    paaji an excelent piece of writing which made me remember all the good that i shared with Anup,saari yadan tazi karatian tusi, God bless him

  28. Milan Salaria Says:

    Great Post, Bickram. You write beautifully - a touching Read indeed. I'll tell you a few things about him on his 6 years tenure here in Melb .... he knew me from School and Davie from his days in Melbourne. He was an amazing being, cheeky and naughty too ... when we meet, I will tell you things he got upto here in Melb .... until then, my tributes to him and his family and mostly to you, his best friend. Thanks for sharing this beautiful memory of Anupinder ... may he rest in peace. Great Photo too .... I remember the two of you right after year 10 at YPS. Wishing you a Friendship day. Loved ow you are celebrating your freindship instead of your loss of a best friend. Good on you, Mate ... You are a great guy yourself, Policia !!! Regs, M

  29. rohini Says:

    a true, hearty dedication to Anup...u have written the journey of this frndship so beautifully...the sad part we all have known ..and felt really bad//but the essence of frndship remains still..and in ur heart too..
    And happy frndship day to u ....
    and this post is in a positive attitude anti to ur previous post..about that qoute of enemy..which i liked a lot...thnx for sharing such a beautiful relationship///may Anup's soul RIP///tc

  30. UB Says:

    Friends to everyone not just a select few, makes for a very happy world...

  31. Kiran Bajaj Sawhney Says:

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comment. Appreciate it. Do Follow my blog if you like it.

  32. Zainab Urooj Says:

    That's a good piece of Reading. Thank you.

  33. Punam Says:

    Aise true friends ka saath milna is really a dua. This is probably the best tribute a true friend can offer.

  34. BK Chowla, Says:

    You seem to be a very emotional person.

  35. chitra Says:

    Bikram
    I am so happy to be here had read your post on Friendship day. I was enjoying your post well but the last paragraph made me sad.

    Belated Friendship day wishes and I extend my hand of Friendship to you.
    Chitra

  36. Harini Says:

    I was reading with a smile on my face until you broke my heart with the news. May his soul rest in peace.

  37. girlsguidetosurvival Says:

    Mera ruthda yaar ni milda ve main kinu aakhan...

    http://www.torrentdownloads.net/searches/mera+ruthra+yar+ni+mnda+jagmohan+kaur

    Deep sympathies for your loss. That is all I can say...

    Peace,
    Desi Girl

  38. Anonymous Says:

    At times like these one tries to understand the will of god, if there is any, cause in his own doing he is destroying his image as being mercifull and kind, a supreme being who bestows happiness upon people. But rather you wonder why and why us. Why did it happen to us, what had we done to deserve this wrath. I cant make sense of it so i cherish his memories and thaughts and also in the fact that he had such immensily good people as friends, like you Bikram, you are one of a kind stay that way, dont let this world corrupt your pure and simple thaughts. Cheers to the friendship we have, going all the way to PATIALA, CHANDIGARH, PINEWOOD SCHOOL, BIRMINGHAM, CANADA AND STILL GOING STRONG

  39. Babli Says:

    Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.
    Wish you a Happy Friendship Day. I appreciate for your wonderful post. Very well written and I enjoyed very much reading it.

  40. Babli Says:

    I saw your comment in my unique blog and its really nice to hear that Indian currencies are kept in Canberra museum. I was not aware of it. Thats quite impressive. If you find the picture surely send me.

  41. Babli Says:

    Thanks for visiting my recipe blog and thanks for your encouraging comment. Good to hear that you have tried some of my recipes. Do visit all my 5 blogs whenever you get time.

  42. Ajay MANN Says:

    At times like these one tries to understand the will of god, if there is any, cause in his own doing he is destroying his image as being mercifull and kind, a supreme being who bestows happiness upon people. But rather you wonder why and why us. Why did it happen to us, what had we done to deserve this wrath. I cant ma...ke sense of it so i cherish his memories and thaughts and also in the fact that he had such immensily good people as friends, like you Bikram, you are one of a kind stay that way, dont let this world corrupt your pure and simple thaughts. Cheers to the friendship we have, going all the way to PATIALA, CHANDIGARH, PINEWOOD SCHOOL, BIRMINGHAM, CANADA AND STILL GOING STRONG.

  43. Phoenixritu Says:

    That last pic of yours, both in turbans in such a grown up pose ..... it is so cute. Lovely post, those pals of yours are lucky to have you as a friend.

  44. sangeeta Says:

    Such friendship....a tight hug for you Bikram....beautiful post.
    I was here before and I read this post...just cdnt find the right words...

  45. Bikramjit Says:

    @UmaS:- Thank for the wishes. and for visiting me. Yes this friendship will continue hopefully to my grave.. :)

    @Ria:- Sadness is part of hapiness, Thank you for the wish, I hope so too that he knows how much he is missed and was loved. Thank you so much.

    @Anonymous:- Well not anonymous anymore I know who you are.. cause only you would put my name like that. YEs I would love to know all about him and we shud meet soon.


    @DiDo:-Thanks for the wishes and thinking so highly of my post .. thank you.

    @Varsha:-Hey chandigarhian how are you doing. Thanks for following me I am following you too.. do keep visiting please.
    and yes friends always think we are the good egg even if we are cracked or cracking .. Thank you


    @The Holy Lama:-YEs god does take away all the good people and that too so very soon.

    @Saravana Kumar M:-Thanks for visiting me. I am glad you liked reading it. Yes it is the most powerful relation.. as u mention changes the I to a WE.. thanks for the wishes and same to you my friend.

    @Ananya:-Sorry you did not like the last part. Yeah it was typical us guys having all the fun. Thanks for the wishes.

    @NRIGirl:- yeah hats off to him, he was the best and still is the best. Oh yes the time we spent together the fun we had all those times roaming around, the time we spent an evening in officers mess in delhi .. they are all so great, makes a mile come up.

  46. Bikramjit Says:

    @Anu:-Thanks Anu. Yeah world indeed shall be poorer. I hope you remember the good old school times we all had.


    @Ananth Majumdar:-Thanks, yes nostalgic it is. I am glad it reminded you of things you did, hope you have pleasant memories and they make you smile as mine do...


    @A:-Thanks.. and i have replied to you with my contact details. see you soon :)


    @RS:-Thans for visiting.

    @Insignia:-Thanks and i am glad you said you know how i feel, who else but friends can know that. Thanks for beign such a lovely friend to me. and yeah he is missed will do always.

    @Gyanban:- thanks for the visit, please visit again.
    Indeed os true its harder to make friends, I totally agree with that I feel lonely sometimes here in uk cause of this. Yes god has been kind i got FRIENDS good ones. THank for the lovely words.


    @Bhupi:-THanks for the beautiful words.. you planning to make me cry now. Thank you, you too are my darling friend handle paaji.. god willing we will paint the city red when we both get together and RAVI tooo , I hope god is listening...


    @HaRy:-THanks my friend, yes it is a pity.. so many people to leave behind and i totally agree with you, we should catch up sometime.. what say.


    @Enigma:-Thank you for the visit please keep visiting. Yeah it just seems it was yesterday when i was on the bus to patiala, catching a rickshaw to 22 num. phatak to meet him.. Thank you so much.


    @A New Beginning:-Thank you for reading and liking it.

    @Sharmila:- Thank you so much.

  47. Bikramjit Says:

    @Madhu:-yes truly said fun with friends is jsut like being in heaven, it couldnot be better then this. Thank you for the wishes.

    @Babe:- Hello Puneeta, welcome here, i did not know you had a blog.. and fortunate indeed we are with so many friends around.. its the wealth we have earned in our lifetime.

    @Kumar Karun Krant:- YEs he was indeed. yes i heard about John too, sad news.
    Thank you for such lovely words yes indeed he IS special.

    Sandhya:- haanji so truly said these years and times will always be in our heart and minds. thank you so much and for the wishes, happy friendships day to you too.. you come after ages now. how are you.

    @Anupama Vishal Krishan Adya:- Did he, I use to sit behind him, and Bhupi was behind me.. wow I did not remember that.
    Thank you for the kind words. SChool time was good I still remember so many good things, indeed beautiful days.

    @Ravineet Kaur Bobby:- It is shocking to hear, yes always he had a smile. Thanks for the beautiful lovely words. if i am not wrong did u not sit in front of him in Xth e SChool days were the best.

    @Vicky Walia:-Thank you baiji, thanks.

    Milan:- I cut paste ur reply here also and the earlier anonymous was also you. Looking forward to meeting you and also knowing the stories of our friend.
    Thanks Milan and a happy friendship day to you too.

    @Rohini Ji:- I was watiing for your comment :) thank you so much for the lovely words. Happy friendship day to you tooo.
    Yes it is positve , last one was just some logic i gave :)
    Thank you so much.

    UB:- Yes true what u said. .friends make the world happy...


    Kiran Bajaj Sawhney :-THank for visiting me. do come again.

    @Zainab Urooj:-Thank for the visit , please do keep visitng. Glad you liked the article.

  48. Chandrika Shubham Says:

    Friends are someone who accept you the way you are, who know all your good-bad things but still are with you,

    I liked this line the most. :)

  49. wise donkey Says:

    it was such a warm write up and then the horrible ending:)
    are you in touch with his family:)

    i think a part of him forever lives with you.

    all the best with the contest:)

  50. rohini Says:

    Rohini ji ?? change? respect?

  51. Bikramjit Says:

    Punam:-yes indeed it is a DUA ki aise dost hain mere.. thank you so much for the lovely comment ...


    Chowla sir:-looks like does it not :) thanks

    Chitra:-THanks for much for visiting me and liking my article, So very nice of you. Thanks for the wishes and OMG I am really touched by the gesture...
    Thank you so much for extending you hand of friendship I hope i dont fail you or anything THANK YOU I AM OBLIDGED and Now i am ecstatic...

    Harini:-I am so sorry you felt that way .. and breaking you heart that was not my intention at all.. Sorry.. Thank you so much...

    girlsguidetosurvival:- Awesome song Thank you it means a lot to me. THank you

    Ajay (anonymous):- Brother thanks for the lovely words, I am going on about my sadness but i can imagine what you went through. I still remember that phone call you made I am sorry Ajay i was not there with you at that moment, I will always be sorry.

    ANd yes it is going strong and will do ALWAYS.. You remember the times those Two nights at pinewood.. sharma ji ..
    Cheers to it brother .. Thank you
    I did not see thius comment so i had cut pasted it later on also...

    Babli:- Thanks for the wishes you come after a long longgggggggg time. Happy friendship day to you too.
    Yeah i will send you the pic when i get hold of them... for sure


    Ritu:- YEah thanks for that.. grown up kithe si BACHE seege just finished 10th class.. kids we were :) All are lucky I am lucky for having them and you all to be my friends .. life is a better place to live...


    Sangeeta:- Thanks for the hug and for liking the post. means a lot to me THANK YOU.

  52. Bikramjit Says:

    Chandrika Shubham:- Thank you. yes they are , they turn a blind eye and take you as you are.. thanks for liking this.

    WD:- YEah i know all good things come to an end. Sorry
    Yes i am in touch with everyone, bhabhi ji and the little one .. then ajay his bro.

    Yes it lives on cause there are some moments when something happens and you thing what it would have been if He was here at this instant.. hear his HEARTY LAUGH at a joke .. and then slag me off on something i recite saying I am no good and this is how it is ... It does remind one a lot ..
    Thanks for the wishes.

    ROHINI JIIIIIIIIIIII :- :) apko acha laga goood aage se yahi :) and yes i respect you happy :) he he hee thank you

  53. Mrs. Manju Mann Says:

    bikram .ajay was always my strength and anup was my weakness.but after going to canada he slowly became my strength too.every morning starts with his thoughts and every evening ends like that.when he was in australia he might have been going through rough times financially or emotionally but when asked how r u son he w...ould always say ;chardi kala;that was anup never cribbing about anything.one common sentence every one said on his passing was that he had no mean bone in him.even to the servant he would not like if anyone said servant,no he would say domestic help.To his seniors he was never rude or reply back.he may be very upset by their behaviour maximum he would say mom it is okay status quo has to be maintained.That was my son and am proud that i gave birth to such a good human being who was such a puritan in deeds and thoughts.icould go on and on but i will finish here with these lines

    na haath hi pakar sake na pakar sake daaman
    itne karib se uth kar chala gaya koi.

  54. Bikramjit Singh Mann Says:

    Haanji aunty ji so very true what you say, he was the best and my world has indeed become smaller and at Loss with him not there, I remember when we contacted after he came back from OZ, the Warmth , the love he had was same when he had lef...t, I just had to say Hello and he recognised the voice.

    I hope you read my article, He was the best All my school times was with him as you know those beatuiful years and what all we did .. there are so many little stories in my mind and heart that make me smile even today when i think...

    Not just you Aunty ji we all are so proud of him as you would have read the comments from various people you can see how much he was loved he was a Good man.

    I can understand if i think of him so often then i know how much you do too.. if only..

    the last two lines say it all ...

  55. Milan Salaria Says:

    Aunty Ji, SSA .... aapkey post neh toh meri aakhey bhar di ... I knew Anupinder from our army days and when we went to YPS, then from the time mom would play cards with you all and we'd hang out ... then in Melbourne and most of all at my Brother Suvi's wedding ....when all friends drove to Sydney from Melbourne ... I remember how the 13 of them used to sleep in our lounge room in rows .... they all did sher-o-sharyari all night. (Will tell you intricate details when I meet you Aunty)We called him romper stomper and he would say "MadMax heinhum !!!" especially after he had shaved off his hair. My husband Davie knows him from his bachelor days ... as Suvi introduced Dav to Anup .... they got upto a few things ... He sure was yaroon ka yaar .... Aunty, no one can turn back time, all we can do is remember him for the being he is ... SSA Aunty Ji ... will make every attempt to meet you when we visit India next. Some sentences I have written are incomplete, sorry Aunty ... aakhey bhari hui hein .... and I don't wish to go back and ready anything that I have already written .... Ajay ko pyaar dena ... Love, Milan Chaudhri

  56. Tripat "Prerna" Says:

    Ah! wonderful :)

    http://sparkledaroma.blogspot.com/

  57. Samvedna Says:

    he was a nice soul.

    to me real friend is the one who supports me when i am right and stops me when I amm wrong.

  58. wise donkey Says:

    thats sweet. otherwise i have seen people who mourn their friends, but stay away from their family because its painful. while i can accept its painful, i think it would be nice for the family, if people kept in touch with them.

  59. suruchi Says:

    hellow from a late bloomer*that's me btw*
    i wonder why i was not following you till now...
    doing so ab with due apologies!
    n yup...happy friendship's day:-)

    coz u've been a great friend n follower:-)

  60. Bikramjit Says:

    Milan:- Thanks for that.

    Tripat "Prerna":- Thank you so much.

    WD:-YEah i know what you mean, they mourn but dont visit the family, i am lucky I have a very good close friend in Ajay and parents are very good human beings.

    Suruchi:-Heyyyy welcome here and HELLOW to you toooooo .. no no nothing to apologise for .. thank you so much for visting me and very Happy friendship day to you toooo.. See you here again toooo

    Thanks for saying that I am chuffed now :) he heh ehe

  61. dimpy Says:

    just read this beautiful piece on friendship.bikram what a tribute to a friend.may his soul rest in peace and god bless friends like u to showcase the feeling of kinship and camaraderie that is deeply ingrained in the hearts of all who have known a friend.

  62. Anonymous Says:

    I would like to exchange links with your site mann-bikram.blogspot.com
    Is this possible?

  63. Bikramjit Says:

    @Dimpy:- thank you so much for the lovely comment.

    @Anonymous:- yes sure why not. what is urs.. thanks for visiting me please do keep visiting

  64. Stranger Says:

    This comment has been removed by the author.
  65. Stranger Says:

    Touching tribute to a friend...

    He must have read this post from his home far far away from us and I am sure he is happy too.

    Thanks for sharing..

  66. Simple Heart Says:

    Loved this post really

  67. Bikramjit Says:

    stranger
    Thank you so much..
    I hope he is ...


    Simple Heart
    Thank you so much aand welcome to my blog :)